Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Just one of life's little vicissitudes, I suppose"

I heard that expression a lot from my Mom when I was a kid.

It was her way to explain anything that got changed by forces beyond our control, so she wouldn't have to get warped out of shape trying to really explain. A sort of philosophical "meh," if you please.

Personally, I'm sort of partial to life's little vicissitudes. Just the little ones, of course.

The ones that promote a giggle, or snicker, snort, chuckle or even flat out belly laugh - when the gods of laughter toy with us. Life's full of little changes with silly consequences.

This is a blog about the ones that make us smile.

4 comments:

  1. Thx for the giggle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read more!

    Kelly aka Sweetbub

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pen, your word wizardly works wonders.

    Dennis

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed my writing. Your turn!
Sorry about those annoying verification things. Spam and all that . . . another of life's little vicissitudes.